Having a tough time finding the perfect gift for the angler in your life? We’ve picked out a few unique and essential items that will put a smile on any fisherman’s face.
For the wading angler:
- Hatch Outdoors Nippers $100 – The end-all, be-all line cutters. These nippers are made in the USA, cut through line like butter, and will provide a lifetime of service. The included lanyard also keeps these bomb-proof nippers close at all times.
- Simms Coldweather Pant $99.95 – The perfect under-wader pant, these toasty fleece lined pants are breathable and have an adjustable Velcro strap to prevent bunching at the ankle.
- Farm-to-Feet Ansonville Wader Socks $25.00 – 100% made in the USA, these merino wool/nylon blend socks are about as warm as it gets.
- Fishpond River Rat 2.0 Koozie $19.95 – The ultimate beverage holster. The carry strap attachment keeps your beverage at arm’s reach and also helps prevent any unnecessary spillage.
- Fishpond West Bank Wading Belt $49.95 – Aside from being an essential safety device, Fishpond’s new wading belt comes standard with a net keeper and has attachment points for tons of other essential accessories such as the Thunderhead Chest Pack (shown above).
- Fishpond Thunderhead Chest Pack $179.95 – Fishpond’s new submersible line of packs provide the ultimate waterproof shelter for anything you care to put in them. The new Thunderhead chest pack is no exception. This pack also attaches to the West Bank Wading belt as well as the Thunderhead Backpack.
For the Boat Angler:
- Simms Dry Creek Boat Bag Medium $229.95 – Organization on the boat can make or break a day on the water. The Dry Creek Boat Bag has room for all of your tackle and then some. It also provides a great waterproof shelter for your electronics.
- Hatch Outdoors Nomad 2 Plier $300 – The new and improved Nomad 2 Pliers are the ultimate fishing tool. Tungsten Carbide side cutters, grooved jaws, and a type 2 anodize finish make these US-made pliers bombproof for fresh or saltwater. They also come with a leather plier sheath and a bungee attachment so you don’t lose them.
- Fishpond Headgate XL Tippet Tender $29.95 – Taming all of the different spools of line needed for boat fishing is no small feat. The Headgate XL is designed to fit both large and small spools, allowing for everything to be in one place when re-tying a leader.
- Carbon Marine Fish Sticks $23.95 – Shaped like your favorite species, these boat patches make great fly storage and also double as a great pad for reels and other equipment in the boat.
- Fishpond Piopod Largemouth $19.95 – Micro Trash like line clippings and burned up flies are a pain to clean out of the deck of a boat. The Piopod Largemouth provides an on-board trash can that fits on boat bags or in a cupholder. We also like to keep these in our vehicle for snack wrappers, etc.