Blue Ridge, Georgia
Places to Fish
The Toccoa River: If you’re interested in fly fishing the area, this river and its tributaries are the places to be. We classify the Toccoa by two sections:
- Upper Toccoa: this stretch of the Toccoa flows north out of the Chattahoochee National Forest and eventually into Lake Blue Ridge. There is a seasonal “Delayed Harvest” from November to May that is fantastic for the fly angler, as it is catch and release, artifical only during this time. As the Summer heats up, trout fishing this portion of river is limited to the upper reaches and tributary streams until water and air temperatures cool in the Fall.
- Toccoa “Tailwater:” This is the stretch of river that flows out of the bottom of the dam at Lake Blue Ridge, eventually heading north to Copperhill, Tennessee where the river changes names to the Ocoee River. This stretch permits fantastic year-round trout fishing due to the cold water that flows out of the bottom of the lake.
Rock Creek: This creek is a tributary of the Toccoa River, and is adjacent to the Chattahoochee National Fish Hatchery.
While there are many, many more places to fish in the Trout Capital of Georgia, we like to let you find these places on your own! Some of the best trout fishing in the state is found off the beaten path, so grab a topo map from us at the shop and break out the hiking shoes!
Around Blue Ridge
Food and Drink: These are places we love to eat, and some of these places are owned and operated by friends of ours; if you go to one of these restaurants, tell them we sent you!
- Black Sheep: Fantastic Upscale Dining right in Downtown Blue Ridge.
- Chester’s: Awesome Bar/Restaurant, try the wings!
- Harvest on Main: Southern inspired global cuisine
- Masseria Kitchen and Bar: Mediterranean food with a nod to Appalachian ingredients.
- Rum Cake Lady: If you like authentic cuban sandwiches, we highly recommend checking this place out.
- Cantaberry Blue Ridge: One of our favorite lunch spots downtown.
- Misty Mountain Hops: Awesome hangout spot, great bar, and a consistent flow of great music at all times.
- Boat Dock Bar & Grill: Located right on the lake!
- Grumpy Old Men Brewing: Awesome hang out spot and fantastic beer, made right in Blue Ridge!
Places to Check Out/Things to Do:
- Oyster Fine Bamboo Fly Rods: There are no finer bamboo rod makers. These guys are friends of ours, as well as our next door neighbors! Bill is also a master engraver – all of his rods are works of art.
- Mercier Orchards: A great spot to take the whole family. Pick apples, check out the cafe, and take a tractor tour!
- Pedego Electric Bikes: Electric Bike Rentals and Tours
- Welch’s Guide Service: If you’re looking to do some conventional bass fishing on one of our local lakes, give Eric a call!
- Appalachian Trail: The Appalachian Trail begins right here in Fannin County.
- Fannin County Chamber of Commerce: Check out the chamber website to see a list of events and festivals coming to Blue Ridge!
- Nantahala Outdoor Center : Whitewater Rafting the Ocoee River
- Blue Ridge Scenic Railway: One of the coolest ways to check out Autumn Colors, as well as an awesome trip for the whole family!
- Lavender’s Blue: Children’s Boutique and Specialty Gifts