Southern Bassapalooza on the Fly 2019 Rules
June 14th& 15th, 2019
Registration Deadline is May 1st, 2019- Entry Fee is $200 per team
Instead of picking up the Registration Packet this year at Cohutta Fishing Company, we will have a pre party at the Gravel Bar featuring Sweetwater’s new Guide Beer and various other tasty brews, a food truck, and live music from local musicians and our headliner Rollin’ in the Hay 8:30 to midnight. The concert and camping is included with the registration fee. Floyd’s Landing will still be open for tournament use, but the awards ceremony will take place at 5pm on June 15that The Gravel Bar. For directions, please email Conner or stop by the shop – the Gravel Bar is not on google maps.
- Catch and Release only, all fish must be handled in a sportsman like manner.
- This tournament will be a RIVER ONLY – No LAKES or PONDS. Rivers must be within a 60 mile radius of Cohutta Fishing Company in Cartersville. (Coosa, Etowah, Oostanaula, Coosawattee, and Chattahoochee are all within bounds).
- Each team must consist of 2 anglers, and must possess a photo capable phone.
- Each teammate must fish from the same vessel. (ie: jet boat, Jon Boat, drift boat, Canoe, etc.)
- Artificial flies only, no conventional tackle– no scented or soft plastic ‘fluke’ style of lure can be used or in the possession of any participant during the tournament.
- Fly Fishing Equipment may only be used and or possessed by participants during the tournament.
- To enter a fish for judging, participants must submit a picture of the angler holding the fish. Send fish photos for judging to Conner Jones.
- A second picture must be taken with the fish lying on the measuring device with the tournament credential card and length clearly visible.
- Fish must be measured to the nearest quarter inch mark, participants must send the judges their estimated score for approval for each fish-Pinch the tail fin together and measure to the longest point do not measure to the fork.
- Tournament begins at 6:30 AM on June 15th, 2019.ALL anglers must be at The Gravel Bar @ 5pm for the Awards Ceremony.
- All teams will be penalized 5 inches per minute late. Any teams that arrive after 5:15 PM are automatically disqualified.
Interactive Bassapalooza Boundary Map
QUALIFYING FISH SPECIES FOR BASSAPALOOZA 2019:
STRIPED BASS, HYBRID BASS, SPOTTED BASS, REDEYE BASS (All Subspecies), SHOAL BASS, and LARGEMOUTH BASS.
*ALL FISH MUST BE AT LEAST 12 INCHES TO BE MEASURED!
Total inches wins, measure each fish to the nearest ¼ inch. All species count 1 point per inch.
Call us at the shop for more details at 770 606-1100 or email Conner at email@example.com.