It’s that time again! The best Bass Tournament around, the 4th Annual Southern Bassapalooza on the fly returns June 16th! The rules and registration are below, email Conner- firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to submit your registration form. Make checks out to Cohutta Fishing Company.
Southern Bassapalooza on the Fly 2018 Rules
June 16th, 2018
Registration Deadline is May 1st, 2018- Entry Fee is $200 per team
Registration Packet must be picked up at Cohutta Fishing Company from 9:00 – 6:00 on Friday June 15th
Awards, Post Party, and Camping will be held at Floyds Landing on the Etowah River Cartersville, GA
Camping is $10.00 / night / team
- Catch and Release only, all fish must be handled in a sportsman like manner.
- This tournament will be a RIVER ONLY tournament. No LAKES or PONDS. Rivers must be within a 60 mile radius of Cohutta Fishing Company.
- Each team must consist of 2 anglers, and must possess a photo capable phone.
- Each teammate must fish from the same vessel. (ie: jet boat, Jon Boat, drift boat, Canoe, etc.)
- Artificial flies only, No conventional tackle- no scented or soft plastic ‘fluke’ style of lure can be used or in the possession of any participant during the contest.
- Fly Fishing Equipment may only be used and or possessed by participants during the contest.
- To enter a fish for judging, participants must submit a picture of the angler holding the fish.
- A second picture must be taken with the fish lying on the measuring device with the tournament credential card and length clearly visible.
- Fish must be measured to the nearest quarter inch mark, participants must send the judges their estimated score for approval for each fish
- Tournament begins at daylight on June 16, 2018. ALL anglers must be at Floyds Landing @ 5pm for the Awards Ceremony.
- All teams will be penalized 5” per minute late. Any teams that arrive after 5:15 PM are automatically disqualified.
QUALIFYING FISH SPECIES FOR THE BASSAPALOOZA
STRIPED BASS – HYBRID BASS – SPOTTED BASS- SHOAL BASS- LARGEMOUTH BASS-
*ALL FISH MUST BE AT LEAST 12 INCHES TO BE MEASURED
Scoring System- Total inches wins, measure each fish to the nearest ¼ inch. All species count 1 point per inch.
Call Cohutta Fishing Company for more details- 770 606-1100